JOB TITLE: ITTF Foundation – Field Programs Coordinator
LOCATION: The position will be based in the ITTF Foundation office in Leipzig, Germany and requires high availability to travel. Applicants should be willing to work as required rather than regular office hours, due to the nature of the work required for the job.
REMUNERATION: The ITTF Foundation – Field Programs Coordinator will be paid a remuneration, based on skillset and experience.
MANAGER: The ITTF Foundation – Field Programs Coordinator will report directly to the Field Programs Manager.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITY: The Field Programs Coordinator will act as a pillar to the coordination of the humanitarian table tennis projects of the ITTF Foundation. The selected person will, to a certain extent, be the face of the ITTF Foundation, on the ground and serve as a window to the Dream Building Program of the Foundation. The daily tasks will include, but are not limited to; regular international travel to field projects, coaching, communicating and getting updates from the various local coordinators, reporting and monitoring projects in order to increase the quality of these projects and continually improve the Foundations approach to supporting them.
DUTIES: Be responsible for the vision and growth of humanitarian projects of the ITTF Foundation, notably through the following tasks:
- Travel, support, liaise and get regular accurate updates from the local actors of the Dream Building Program;
Share Table Tennis knowledge in the field through; educating local coaches, offering support to local actors in organising their first tournament/training camps;
Build trust and establish a communication and feedback loop with the local coordinators;
- Observe, identify and diplomatically express the on-going issues and priorities of various projects on the field;
- Identify local specificities of each project, as well as, best practises which can be replicated;
- Act as a pillar in the implementation of a sustainable exit strategy coherent with the local reality and implemented in collaboration with all: local project coordinators and partners;
- Draft reports and follow up on these with the local coordinators;
- Assist the Field Programs Manager as required.
Candidates for the position of ITTF Foundation – Field Programs Coordinator should demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary education and/or work experience in sport and coaching related to Development Cooperation, Social Development or Development Education;
- Table Tennis knowledge and coaching competencies;
- Socially committed and service oriented person;
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team;
- A proactive problem solver with a positive attitude;
- The eagerness to work in the field and carry out sustainably projects based on quality monitoring and evaluation;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, particularly in the English language;
- A respectful flexible attitude with a will to grow and learn in a multicultural environment.
- Experience working in the field and/or experience in developing countries preferred but not compulsory;
- Professional capacity to work in multiple languages, both written and spoken, in particular German, other languages such as Arabic, French and/or Spanish are a plus.
All applications must be made through the online application form on ITTF.com and will only be accepted until 13th February 2019.