CONSULTANT TITLE: ITTF Database Administrator
SERVICES: The ITTF wishes to retain the selected person, on a non-exclusive basis, to act as an independent consultant to provide to the ITTF the services described below.
LOCATION: The position will be home-based, and may require international travel. Applicants should be willing to work as required to perform the agreed duties with excellence.
MANAGER: The Database Administrator will report to the ITTF IT Manager.
REMUNERATION: The Database Administrator will be paid a remuneration, based on skillset, experience, and place of residency.
The Consultant undertakes to respect all fiscal and social legislation, particularly those in force in his/her country of residence. In particular, the ITTF will not pay any social charges, as the Consultant is acting in an independent capacity.
CONSULTANCY PERIOD: The Database Administration position is offered for one year, with an evaluation period of three months.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITY: To administrate, develop and manage all aspects of the ITTF's databases, and liaise with staff who access the various databases on a day-to-day basis, to ensure that all data is constantly updated, and readily available.
- Responsible for installing, configuring and maintaining a database management system (DBMS);
- Analyses existing logical and physical database architecture and recommends solutions for improved performance optimizing database queries;
- Work with developers to reduce resource consumption and shorten request latency;
- Perform administrator functions on RDBMS and NoSQL;
- Serves as subject matter expert to the full-stack developer;
- Participates in development, testing and optimization of database applications working with generic and proprietary APIs to build applications that interact with DBMSs (also platform specific, as with DBA roles);
- Collaborate in integration activities;
- Develops and maintains data migration scripts;
- Monitors production databases for efficiency, availability, and redundancy performing regular database maintenance activities;
- Sustains the security and integrity of the data communicating regularly with technical and non-technical employees;
- Responsible for the High Availability, storage, archiving, back-up and Disaster Recovery (ex. Replication, Mirroring);
- Creates/maintains database documentation;
- Creates/maintains database queries for business intelligence tools generating ad-hoc reports as needed;
- Checking/analyzing system logs, identify and resolve faults and issues.
Candidates for the position of Database Administrator should demonstrate:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant proven work plus managing large scale databases experience required;
- Proven strong knowledge in:
- NoSQL (MongoDB and Redis)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012-2016
- Familiarity with other database technologies (ex. PostgreSQL / MariaDB) is a plus;
- Experience in working with other Cloud Service Providers (ex. Azure) is a plus;
- Knowledge of all-things networking such as TCP/IP, IP security, DNS, DHCP, SSL/TLS, SSH;
- Familiar with web servers such as Apache, NGINX, IIS;
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time;
- Must be open and adaptable to change;
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment;
- Flexible to provide after work hours support in urgent matters;
- Willingness to travel abroad if needed;
- Professional capacity to work in English.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Database Certifications (MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server).
- Familiar with Drupal CMS.
- Experience in database management of sports related systems is a plus.
- Experience within the sport of Table Tennis is a plus.
Professional capacity to work in languages other than English.
All applications must be made through the online application form on ITTF.com, and will only be accepted until 31st January 2019.